I have been absolutely loving the new Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush because is, in true RT spirit, it is so versatile. Here’s what you need to know.
I often end up using the same brush for my primer, foundation and concealer, especially when I have limited time, or I’m travelling. I tend to pinch the roots of the brush hairs to densify the head if I want more coverage or to fit into smaller areas. It can be a bit of a fiddly method, so this new brush really resonates with me.
What is the Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush?
- Designed to achieve a flawless complexion
- Sleek and innovative design
- Offers 3 different settings to provide full coverage-intensity control
- Features an adjustable slider spectrum to deliver varying levels of definition
- Ideal for both cream and powder formulas
- Tight, compact bristles are cruelty-free and custom cut
- Fully retractable packaging means it is perfect for taking with you on-the-go
How To Use Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush
You simply adjust the slider for the type of brush you want. This changes the size/accessbility of the head, and also the finish and coverage you can achieve:
- Maximum coverage – Level 1
- Medium coverage – Level 2
- Minimum coverage – Level 3
I tend to use the longest setting for my primer or glowy bases (I’ve been obsessed with the Victoria Beckham by Augustinus Bader Cell Rejuvenating Priming Moisturiser). Next for foundation I use the middle setting which covers quickly and gives a nice level of coverage.
Finally, after I have swiped on my concealer (pretty much always Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away*), I put the brush on the shortest setting to buff in the concealer into all those nooks and crannies. It does such a brilliant job.
What makes it really great for travelling is that you can fully retract the head to protect the bristles inside your makeup bag. That’s a really handy feature.
Where to Buy It
The Real Techniques Custom Complexion Brush is available via the following links:
Also, check out the Real Techniques Christmas Collection.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. Find the Facebook page here.